Student Regiment (Menwa)
UNDERSTANDING OF STUDENT REGIONAL SME
The Student Regiment (abbreviated as Menwa) is one of the civilian forces trained and prepared to defend the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia as the embodiment of the Universal People's Defense and Security System (Sishankamrata). Menwa is also a component of citizens who receive military training (student element). The command headquarters of the Menwa unit are located in universities in each unit whose members are students or college students who are domiciled on the campus. Menwa is a component of the state defense reserve which is given training in military knowledge such as the use of weapons, battle tactics, survival, parachuting, military self-defense, military gymnastics, disguise, navigation and so on.
Members of the Menwa (wira) in each college or campus form units which are part of the student organization in the student activity unit (UKM). Menwa are given different powers and responsibilities from other SMEs and are directly under the Director/Rector.
VISION OF MENWA POLMAN BABEL
Become a Student Activity Unit that is disciplined, firm, humanist, reliable and professional in carrying out activities, especially in the field of Defense and Security based on Pancasila, the 1945 Constitution, Panca Dharma Satya, and the Tri Dharma of Higher Education.
THE MISSION OF MENWA POLMAN BABEL
- Prepare students who have the knowledge, discipline, physical and mental attitude as well as national insight so that they are able to carry out the duties of the Tri Dharma of Higher Education and instill the basics of leadership while still referring to the goals of National Education.
- To produce Human Resources who are superior in the field of defense and security, are devoted to God Almighty, have high morals, and have Indonesian culture.
- Creating cadres who are disciplined and professional, scientific and of good character.
- Spread the value of professionalism and efforts to make an orderly campus.
- Establish and maintain good cooperative relations with various parties in order to achieve national unity and integrity.
THE OBJECTIVE OF MENWA POLMAN BABEL
- Prepare students who have the knowledge, discipline, physical and mental attitude and have a national perspective to be able to carry out the duties of the Tri Dharma of Higher Education and instill the basics of leadership while still referring to the goals of national education.
- As a forum for channeling student potential in the context of realizing the rights and obligations of citizens in State Defense.
- Preparing student potential as part of the people's potential in the Universal People's Defense System (SISHANRATA).