About D3 Mechanical Design Engineering
STUDY PROGRAM PROFILE
The D-III Mechanical Design Engineering Study Program is one of the Study Programs at the Bangka Belitung State Manufacturing Polytechnic (formerly Tin Manufacturing Polytechnic). This study program has an age of 27 years. The establishment of the study program started from the Department of Engineering Drawing and Mechanical Design which was established in conjunction with the Tin Manufacturing Polytechnic based on the Decree of the Minister of Education and Culture number 068/D/O/1994 dated July 16, 1994, then changed to the Department/Study Program of Mechanical Design Engineering in line with the changes in the Polytechnic Tin Manufacturing became the State Manufacturing Polytechnic of Bangka Belitung based on the Regulation of the Minister of National Education number 25 of 2010 dated October 18 2010, then in 2015 it changed to the Mechanical Design Engineering Study Program under the Department of Mechanical Engineering based on the Director's Decree Number: 1239/PL28/KP/ 2015.
Mechanical Design Engineering Study Program always strives to continuously plan, implement, evaluate and develop general mechanical design science and technology and precision tools. To be in line with this, it is necessary to evaluate and update the curriculum used in the learning process. The results of the evaluation and updating then become one of the foundations for formulating a new curriculum.
The curriculum used today is the 2021 curriculum. The 2021 curriculum is formulated based on the SN-Dikti and KKNI with a focus on Industrial Oriented.
In 2028, it will become a study program that excels in the field of mechanical design and guides changes that are able to increase the nation's competitiveness.
- Organizing quality and competency-based education and learning in the field of mechanical design.
- Carry out quality and innovative research in the field of mechanical design.
- Conduct community service in the context of utilizing the results of education and research.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY PROGRAM
- Produce graduates who are competent in the field of mechanical design, especially general mechanical design, precision tool design and CAE laboratory management and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Produce graduates as lifelong learners who are able to communicate and work together, and have faith and fear of God Almighty.
- Continuously improve the process and management of education and learning.
- Produce innovative works by conducting independent and joint research with the business world and the industrial world in developing mechanical design science and technology, as well as dissemination in seminars, journals, and books.
- Produce service products through the development of educational and research results to improve the quality of people's lives.
- Actively participate in activities related to the field of mechanical design.
- Develop and strengthen the study program information system.
- Revise the curriculum of the study program based on the KKNI with a focus on Industrial Oriented.
- To develop and strengthen the human resources of the study program; educators, education personnel and industry practitioners.
- Develop and strengthen study program facilities and infrastructure.
- Conducting applied innovations and industrial partnerships.
- General Mechanical Engineering Designer
Associate expert of mechanical design engineering (machine elements, lifting & transport equipment and appropriate technology) who is able to draw and interpret sketches, read technical drawings, prepare technical drawings, design detailed technical drawings, draw detailed machine parts and structures using software such as AutoCAD, Solid Works and Inventor and apply basic engineering design concepts.
- Technician/Precision Tool Designer (Tool Design Designer)
Associate expert in mechanical design engineering who is able to carry out the process of selecting engineering materials, conceptualizing, and designing basic precision tools (plastic injection molds, press tools and jigs & fixtures).
- CAE Laboratory Technician (CAE Laboratory Technician)
Associate expert of mechanical design engineering who is able to carry out CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) laboratory management activities which include planning, operating equipment and material use, maintenance/maintenance of equipment and materials, evaluating work systems and developing CAE laboratory activities.
- Entrepreneurship/ Technopreneur
Associate expert in mechanical design engineering as an independent business actor with the support of the skills and knowledge he already has by applying ethical business principles.